Saturday, June 28, 2008

Review - L'Occitane Shea Butter Hand Cream

A super-smoothing--and best-selling--synergy of 20% Shea Butter, honey and sweet almond extract, blended with the light and alluring aromas of jasmine and ylang-ylang essences. Texturally pleasing balm glides on and absorbs to help heal and protect dry or dehydrated skin. Anti-oxidizing vitamin E helps nourish. Invites even the most hard-working hands to a fresh beginning. $25.00

CitySlicker Says:

This is a thick rich hand cream that really coats my hands. It absorbs pretty quickly but does leave behind a feeling of weight, like they are coated. My hands aren't greasy or slippery. This is great for weathered, hard working or super dry hands. I find that the scent reminds me of a baby, it's got that babies bum cream kind of scent. It's light and lofting once it's on. I can wash and it's still there too.. This is great for putting on before bed & if you wear the night gloves you wake up with a super soft hydrated hand.. For me it's like they are someone elses.. This is a great remedy for people like me who don't wear gloves in winter. My paws get red, dry and raw! This is the kind of cream I will use on occasion, when needed. My hands feel transformed after only a few days of use..

Hillary says:

I can't say enough good things about this hand cream! I've been using it for years. I haven't found another hand cream as rich as L'Occitane's; it's like wearing protective gloves overnight. I'm an obsessive hand washer but no matter how dry my hands get, one night of this cream does the trick. It has a pleasant, not at all overpowering scent. I don't generally use it during the day because I find it too rich for that purpose. Overall this is one of my beauty must-haves. The price may seem steep ($25) but I've been using the same tube for over a year. Highly recommended.

Sheba says:

This cream is miraculous, especially as an overnight cream as suggested by both City Slicker and Hillary. I am one of those people who rarely uses gloves in the winter (stupid-yes) and never wears them when working in the garden (another stupid). I think I just have a difficult time maneuvering with anything on my hands so I never wear gloves. This cream repairs all the damage I do to my hands. It does have that 'clean baby' scent which is not overpowering at all. I prefer this cream in the colder months, but then I pull it out often when working in the yard. I have mentioned before I have a dog. He is a licker and I need to wash my hands countless times a day. Of course, they get dry from all of that. Now the little darling is coming in with ticks. I manage to get them off of him but I don't just use soap and water them -- I actually use rubbing alcohol to make sure all germs are killed. That does a job on the skin. The cream reverses the damage completely. The cost is up there -- but you don't need a lot. . . it will last. Unless you are as bad as me -- washing your hands 20 or more times a day due to a very adorable dog. I feel that I do get my money's worth from this cream.

No comments: